Global Gay Nation > Gay Identity - Queer as Volk?

Gay Science Fiction convention

(1/2) > >>

Feral:
Gay Science Fiction convention

--- Quote ---They’re coming soon, and they’re bringing the idea of a hopeful future for gay men and lesbians with them. Local organizers expect about 500 people to beam into Gaylaxicon 2007 next weekend in Atlanta, the latest event in the 20-year history of the traveling science fiction/fantasy/horror convention for gay fans. "Gay folks have always read science fiction because there's sort of a misfit mentality to a lot of it that Gay folks find very comfortable and familiar," says Jim Grimsley, a literature professor at Emory University, and the author of a series of science fiction novels inhabited by Gay and Lesbian protagonists.
--- End quote ---

And true... there is much more on the story here.

In this case, "local organizers" mean these fine folks.

vanrozenheim:
And, for those who yet didn't know, there is a nice fanfic adoption of Star Trek called Hidden Frontiers. Now they have also a version with subtitles, which is very helpfull for people who have difficulties with understanding spoken English.

Rain:
Many moons ago when I was still a closeted prepubscent, I used to read the Star Trek books.  There was one in particular that caught my attention...it had a gay storyline.  I don't remember the name, having given away all those books a long time ago.  But, Geez Louise, that book made me feel good about the future of the homosexual race...ha ha ha ha. 

Feral:
Might it have been Section 31: Rogue?

Rain:
Nope.  That wasn't the one.  This was before Picard, Sisko, or Janeway came along.  Kirk was still in charge and they were visiting a planet where homosexuality was the norm, rather than the exception.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version