FUFBUF

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday  (Read 9353 times)

Feral

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • Feral's Treehouse
Happy Birthday
« on: September 12, 2007, 11:13:14 AM »

Well, not quite.

Isn't it frightfully thoughtful of infants to give the world so much notice of their impending birthday... I mean the first one, the one that would be numbered 'zero.' There's all that labor, the sweating and swearing and screaming (from time to time). You can't miss it.

Organizations are not all that different. Yesterday, two years ago, debate was closed on the statutes governing the Gay Homeland Foundation. It was not an uninteresting debate, but that it was closed was a good thing. Some five days were allotted for voting on them and, on September 16, 2005, the GHF was as pink and wrinkly as could possibly be, but it was there and brand new.

This is where I wonder if it can really have been two years already... but of course it has.

Mark your calendars, clear your schedules, and do something faabulous this Sunday.

I insist.
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

Feral

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • Feral's Treehouse
Happy Birthday
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 11:29:16 AM »

By the way, do not imagine that there are no baby pictures. Of course there are baby pictures. There's even one of GRD with a visitor counter that says "00001."
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

berto

• Guru
Happy Birthday
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:09:33 PM »

Awwwwww.....
"The dignity of an animal is measured by his capacity to revolt in the face of oppression." -- Mikhail Bakunin

Rain

• Guru
Happy Birthday
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 08:07:42 PM »

I'm tickled lavender and pink!  Long live the Republic.  Allons enfants de la patrie and all that froggish nonsense!
Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

vanrozenheim

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • http://gayhomeland.org/
Re: Happy Birthday
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 12:59:47 AM »

Mwahaha! That pesky PNphpBB spoiled me the birthday party, since this is again one of those posts I have discovered 2 weeks too late!

That birth was not without pains, but the complications were relatively small, I would say. Time to grow up, ney?  ;D
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of liberty must undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine
Pages: [1]   Go Up