Global Gay Nation > Gay Homeland Movement

Endorsed or official languages in the Gay Homeland.

<< < (2/6) > >>

Feral:

--- Quote from: "Rain" ---
--- Quote ---That would be.... a figment of your imagination. Roads do not do this.
--- End quote ---

No...there are a few famous examples of roads converging onto a cricular "roundabout", to use a British term.  Piccadilly Circus in London is one of them.  The other is the Place de l'Étoile (Place Charles de Gaulle) in Paris.  In NYC we have Columbus Circle which has a strange assortment of streets that do not so much radiate out from it, but just seem to coalesce there in no particularly orderly way (a perennial source of indignation for all New York drivers).
--- End quote ---

Yes, yes, yes... these savage and chaotic places do indeed encumber themselves with such monstrosities. The squares in Savanah with their byzantine yield/right of way rules might well be another example.

Where I come from, such things do not occur at all. They may even be illegal. Lots of things that are common-place in the East (and in many parts of the world) just can't be in the Mid-West. Houses that abut each other (I hear they call those things 'terraces' in the UK and what's more, they date back to before the middle ages)... against the building codes. Trees anywhere near an intersection where they might block someone's view of oncoming traffic (so common  where I live now that I think they must have been required by ordinance at some point in the past)... liable to be cut down by city employees without notice or compensation (to the contrary -- a fine may well be in the offing).

Nope... while they have such meetings of many roads in savage, chaotic, and blessedly distant lands, the place of my birth is free of them. Many of the less well-traveled denizens would require photographic evidence of the existence of such things, and then they might well suggest that said evidence has been photo-shopped. It goes without saying that the local dialect has no word for this thing that cannot exist.

berto:
gawd... I've fallen in love with Feral, KT and Rain, based on language alone...

Am I ill?

Feral:
yes

Rain:
yes!

Rain:

--- Quote ---No...there are a few famous examples of roads converging onto a cricular "roundabout", to use a British term.
--- End quote ---

I'm laughing hysterically...and if you were Puerto Rican, you would know why.  I just realized that I mispelled "circular" as "cricular".  The word "crica" is a Puerto Rican vernacular for "vagina".  While I was typing that entry I was downloading this:

A freudian slip, no doubt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version