Global Gay Nation > Gay Homeland Movement

Endorsed or official languages in the Gay Homeland.

<< < (6/6)

Rain:
Ahh...very good.  Thank you, Fer.  I had no way of getting a hold of Mecca.  I expected to see him at Willi's funeral and he was a no-show (they had a bitter falling out just before Willi died).  He'll be surprised to find out that I remixed his song with Kevin Aviance's "Ugly" while I was recuperating from double pneumonia.  Yes, I really SHOULD kill the boyfriend.  LOL.  He'll get a kick out of it since he and Kevin and Nita Aviance (the dj for the House of Aviance) are very close.

Rain:

--- Quote ---And I have to say... that's one of the better uses of the "Imperial March" from Star Wars ever.

--- End quote ---

I'm impressed...and shocked.  He's a Revlon.  That in itself is no small thing in the NYC underground gay ball circuit.  Jose "Stiffy" Revlon was his main competition when he was a Ninja.  They will make a formidable force to be reckoned with in any voguing competition.  As it is, the "new way" vogue children are all trying like mad to learn the "old way" (circa 1980-1994) style of voguing.  It's grueling, physical, and requires attention to detail and Olympic-style precision.  It's a pity the ballroom children have always considered ourselves the "bastard children of the gay community".  The amount of creativity and artistry is astounding.

Feral:
"Bastard children of the Gay community?"

I think not.

"Front-runners," perhaps. "Harbingers," maybe. I'm not in the least bit astounded by the levels of creativity and artistry that have filtered down to me (and really... I'm not even watching).

It is one thing to rearrange the elements of the world to one's liking -- everyone should do it to some extent. Redecorating is, quite often, absolutely essential. It shouldn't be a way of life, however. Creating something new and distinctive -- that is real power. Not a lot of people know what to do with real power (they're much to en rapt by the glittering illusions offered up by fake power).

Whenever Gay people set their minds to making something of their own, for their own use, without the advice or the consent of any other people... the results are pretty much always breath-taking.

Rain:

--- Quote ---Whenever Gay people set their minds to making something of their own, for their own use, without the advice or the consent of any other people... the results are pretty much always breath-taking.
--- End quote ---

There is a certain amount of genius in overcoming prejudice and oppression.  That same genius is put to other, more creative uses.

Feral:
Yup. And I'm a huge fan of pretty much every one of those other, more creative uses. There should be more of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version