Global Gay Nation > Gay Identity - Queer as Volk?

Is Christopher Street turning fuddy-duddy?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Feral:

--- Quote from: "berto" ---(I am still uncertain as to who is THE biggest repository of knowledge that I’ve ever met, you or Feral. :D )
--- End quote ---

That would be Rain. I'm just a sack of factoids that occasionally jostle together in interesting ways.

Rain:
Hmmm...That friend is a light in my life even in death, 'berto.  His name is/was Edwin Nelson Rodriguez.  Google him.  He appeared in a film called "The Amazingly True Stories of Two Girls in Love" just before he died (among the myriad of things Nelson accomplished in his short life).  If you ever do get a chance to make it this way make sure to visit the Lesbian & Gay Community Center on 13th Street in Manhattan.  Inside you will find murals painted by Keith Haring...especially in the mens bathroom on the first floor (very sexually explicit...he couldn't have gotten away with it any place else).  But you will also find a small room named in Nelson's honor.

As for the biggest repository of knowledge is...there's no contest.  Personally I happen to look up to Feral.  His insights are so sharp they can cut glass.

Rain:
Oh I recall writing that piece vividly.  I cried while typed it out the entire time.  It really was stream-of-consciousness catharsis writing.  I don't know why, but the news of Reagan's death just felt like a relief after watching so many of my friends die.

Rain:

--- Quote ---
But you are, undeniably and unmistakably -- and gloriously and proudly -- a New York City homo.

--- End quote ---

I hope I don't come across as the typical New Yorker.  I take pride in this city's traditions.  But let me be clear...I take pride in the traditions that bring pride to all of New York's people, not just to some.  In part it has to do with the fact that I have lived in quite a few places and always seem to find myself coming back home.  There are precious few places where I have felt the annoying democracy of a place like New York City.  That's what I love about this place.  While the rest of the country talks democracy, we practice it every morning when we board a subway train and have to confront the daily assaults on our senses from the city's masses.  It humbles and horrifies you.  But it keeps you  alert, alive and open to human potential.

Feral:

--- Quote ---His insights are so sharp they can cut glass.
--- End quote ---

If that's so... watch out for the sharp edges. I am notorious for not cleaning up after myself :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version