FUFBUF

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Queer Music  (Read 34901 times)

berto

• Guru
Queer Music
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2007, 04:01:37 AM »

Ivri Lider

Singer Ivri Lider is a household name in his native Israel, having sold over 160,000 albums and being named Male Singer of the Year in 2005 by Israeli radio stations. Ivri recently contributed to the soundtrack for (and appeared in) the 2006 film, "The Bubble"; he performs a song entitled, “The Man I Love.” Somewhat surprisingly, considering his mainstream popularity, Ivri is also openly gay. He famously came out in 2002 and has stayed at the top since then.

(video @ link)
"The dignity of an animal is measured by his capacity to revolt in the face of oppression." -- Mikhail Bakunin

Rain

• Guru
Queer Music
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2007, 05:51:32 PM »

Virtual DJ Radio  

If you are a fan of gay dance music of ALL genres, this site is free.  Mixed LIVE, 24 hours a day, several days out of the week by dj's from all over the world.  I've become addicted.  All you need is Media Player, Winamp, or Real Player and you're set for a continues streaming dj'ed session.

And you can go into the "Beatbox" and chat live with the djs and make requests.  

DJs from Paris, Britain, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, US, Ecuador, Mexico, Canada, Germany, Belgium...wow...it goes on and on...

Avoid Thursdays...they play rap music and dancehall on that day.
Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Rain

• Guru
Queer Music
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2007, 05:55:31 PM »

Oh and Feral...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...for the above link for Tommy Boy.  U made me very happy.  Had forgotten to tell you that b4.  I'm a HUGE Thunderpuss fan.  And my oh my...the Sugar Babies 12".  

Sugar Babies (later Sugar Reef) was an underground house music club here in the late 80s-early 90s (that's where they got their name).  

Oh my...the memories...That should be a pussy-thumper.
Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Feral

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • Feral's Treehouse
Queer Music
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2007, 12:52:37 AM »

Avoid Thursdays...they play rap music and dancehall on that day.

I suppose it would depend on the specific artists. Enough rap and dancehall is vicious stuff that the entire genres have well-earned reputations. Still, there is Gay rap that is passable (even better once some kind soul has done a club remix of it) and even Gay rap that is almost good. Alas, I like music that goes "boom boom boom" and there just ain't enough pelvis for my taste in any of the rap I've heard. It doesn't suit my moods, and I can't imagine having a mood it would suit. Of course, my moods are by no means normal and I'm sure there are some people somewhere that would benefit mightily from Gay rap. I'm just not one of them.

Dancehall, on the other hand, has serious potential. I recall that a good portion of the initial outrage over dancehall was do to a certain amount of pique -- seems the 'mos in London found out just what they had been dancing to so vigorously in their own clubs. There was a rather tense afternoon a few years ago when one of my co-workers brought in a CD of it. After a world of assurances that there were no 'burn the 'mos' at all, nor even allusions to the word 'bang,' a good time was had by all. It was some seriously jamming stuff with beaucoup 'boom.' I'd still like to see a tribal remix (it's just not possible for there to be enough 'boom').

Anyway, it not being a Thursday, I'm off to listen to streaming radio :D

(Oh my... it's going Thumpa Thumpa -- I shall be there all evening!)
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

Feral

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • Feral's Treehouse
Queer Music
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2007, 05:22:27 AM »

Outmusic

Outmusic is a network of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered musicians and supporters. Performers, composers, lyricists, producers, recording artists, activists, promoters, press/media and even non-musicians who believe in LGBT music have joined Outmusic over the years.

Outmusic was founded in 1990 when a group of musicians met at Dan Martin and Michael Biello's East Village apartment to share music and experiences. This became the open mics, which are still held monthly in New York.

Since its founding, Outmusic has participated in the community in many ways. Some years the organization sponsored festivals, other years there have been compilation CDs or special events. Of course, through it all there have always been the open mics, where new and seasoned musicians still come together with goals not unlike the original sessions: to share music and experiences in a safe and welcoming space.

Go ahead and root around for awhile. You'll find some names you've heard before and more than a few that you haven't.
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

Rain

• Guru
Queer Music
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2007, 05:39:17 AM »

I'm just not a rap music fan anymore.  I like the old school rap.  You know, when they sang about funky cold medinas, Michael Jackson being gay, and chicken that tasted like wood.  Gangsta rap ruined it for me.  And as far as dancehall, Jean Paul is about all I can stand and that's only because he's given me my first wet dreams in several decades.

Rain

• Guru
Queer Music
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2007, 07:31:50 AM »

On the other hand...I just watched a wonderful documentary on the life of Frank Loesser.  Yes, I live up to the stereotype--I'm a show tune queen!  

So sue me, what can you do meeeeeeeeeeee....

Feral

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • Feral's Treehouse
Queer Music
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2007, 11:17:23 AM »

A really sweet new song by Jay Brannon. You listen. Me... I'm going back to my music that goes 'boom.'

Feral

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • Feral's Treehouse
Re: Queer Music
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2007, 12:38:02 AM »

Eric and Todd Dammann

and let's not forget the videos.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up