Global Gay Nation > Gay Identity - Queer as Volk?

Gay Press

<< < (6/6)

Feral:
Gay channel Logo launches weekly newscast

--- Quote ---NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - Gay-lesbian network Logo is moving into the network news business, planning to televise a half-hour weekly newscast produced by CBS News.

"CBS News on Logo" will premiere next Monday at 7 p.m. EST. The newscast stems from a two-year partnership between the MTV Networks channel and CBS News. A dedicated CBS News crew working out of its West 57th Street broadcast center had been producing three-minute interstitials that aired daily on Logo.

Those interstitials will be replaced by the half-hour newscast.

The new show will focus on gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender issues including the 2008 election, HIV/AIDs and entertainment, sports and science news. The newscast will be available on Logo as well as streamed at 365gay.com, a Logo-owned Website.
--- End quote ---

Oh dear.

I can't imagine what they were thinking. Fluffing those interstitials into a half-hour weekly? Oy.

I guess Jason Bellini's videoblog is doing better than I had imagined.

There is a bright side to this -- the Gay "print" media can rejoice... and, it certainly looks like viewers of Logo will soon be spared those dreadful 30-second spots featuring news from three days ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version