Global Gay Nation > Gay Homeland Movement

What our folks worry about most...

(1/3) > >>

vanrozenheim:
What do our folks think about when they first hear about an idea of a Gay Homeland?

No, that's not Gay Nigerians and Iraqis seeking refuge and being sent back. Better read this thread on www.democraticunderground.com and learn the worries of our people.

Feral:
Understand that that particular forum applies its devotion to the US Democratic Party and to little else. I would not expect much useful diaolog there.

Vizier:
So far, I have seen little useful dialog about us anywhere. And the fact that the DU, supposedly one of th more liberal wings of U.S. society, has reacted in such a disappointing and truly undemocratic, bigoted fashion just reaffirms that I did the right thing leaving the U.S. for Germany until we can get our own country up and running...  Feral, you and yours should come over. The water is warm and the welcome is wonderful.

Feral:

--- Quote from: "Vizier" ---Feral, you and yours should come over. The water is warm and the welcome is wonderful.
--- End quote ---

I and mine are hampered by immigration laws. This is not to say that the idea of emigrating to somewhere has not come up in domestic conversation.

DU was founded, if I recollect correctly, to rally supporters of the Democratic Party. I would not expect that group to do much apart from this political goal, any more than I would expect resolutions condemning proposed Nigerian legislation to arise from the meetings of one of the local knitting or quilting circles. They are welcome to their focus.

Certainly the aims of Gay Nationalism are not entirely in sync with the aims of the US Democratic Party. This should come as a surprise to no one.

Kyleovision:

--- Quote ---
Certainly the aims of Gay Nationalism are not entirely in sync with the aims of the US Democratic Party. This should come as a surprise to no one.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---There is not one single candidate running for public office anywhere that deserves our support. Not one

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version