Global Gay Nation > Gay Homeland Movement

What our folks worry about most...

<< < (3/3)

Rain:
Personally, I've been holding conversations about this with a few people I know.  Just to guage their opinions and their attitudes.  Remarkably, there's a subconscious feeling that, yes, as gay people we are fundamentally different.  And there's even a component of not only that we are fundamentally different, but that we were MEANT to be fundamentally different.  

I believe that's the key idea.   We are different because we were meant to be different...because we were meant to be PERIOD!  And any people whose existence is preordained should seek to secure not only its present, but should also seek to guarantee its future and safeguard its past.  Heterosexual societies will never give us those guarantees.

That's when they usually ask, "Well, what do you propose?"  

Just the fact that they took it to the next level and posed that question is the start of revolutionary thinking.

Feral:

--- Quote ---Heterosexual societies will never give us those guarantees.
--- End quote ---

Nor should we ask them to. Really... in what way is heterosexual society even qualified to safeguard our past? They can barely acknowledge we exist at all. "What do you propose?" is a fine question. It's worthy of ten thousand different answers. I guarantee you though -- the het book on voguing will be a photo layout of Madonna, and have no connection to anything resembling the truth. The str8's abilities to safeguard the Gay past deteriorate from there. As for heterosexual society's abilities to secure our present and guarantee our future... I've seen what they have in mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version