Global Gay Nation > Gay Identity - Queer as Volk?

Shortbus

<< < (2/3) > >>

Feral:
Shortbus is opening in New York on Wednesday, 4 October. In Los Angeles and San Fransisco it's opening on Friday, 6 October.

Opening weekend box office results have considerable impact on whether a film stays in a theater. Whether other theaters shall choose to show the film will also be affected by the film's opening week.

So ... should you be on one of the coasts this weekend, I simply require you to go see it.

Yeah, I know ... you'll fly right out there. :lol:

Some theater listings are here.

vanrozenheim:
I will have to wait untill the film comes to Germany... Btw, we will have a gay film festival here, in Cologne it will be on November 22-29. The most funny contributions are usually the shortfilms - bold, unconventional and uncensored. ;)

Sifo-Dyas:
Shortbus is now out on DVD in Canada.

Feral:
Yay!

Feral:
Risque film prompts censorship talks

--- Quote ---ASPEN — Full frontal nudity, sexual dysfunction, orgies and homosexual encounters.

Who should dictate whether that kind of content should be projected on Aspen’s only single-screen?

Not the city of Aspen, which owns the Wheeler Opera House, which showed “Shortbus” last year. The risqué film explores the sexual challenges two couples face; Jon Busch and Don Swales, who operate the Wheeler Film Society and are in charge of programming at the city-owned opera house, chose the film.

The Aspen City Council shot down an attempt to control the content of future programming Monday night after Wheeler director Gram Slaton presented a new contract for Busch including a stipulation that suggested censorship.

That didn’t sit well with Councilman Jack Johnson, who suggested that one of the major reasons Wheeler management initiated a search for other programmers was because of the screening of “Shortbus.”

“It deserved to be seen here, and I will not support the city telling the Wheeler [Film Society] what to do or what to say,” Johnson said. “The city shouldn’t be stepping in.”
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version