Global Gay Nation > Gay Identity - Queer as Volk?

Shortbus

<< < (3/3)

Feral:
So... were there an actual salon, like Shortbus, dedicated to "the gifted and the challenged" near you, would you attend? For myself, I'm not sure how I could not.

Rain:
OK, 'berto you are not going to believe this, but....

J.C. Mitchell is one of my all time favorite directors.  He's a pretty good actor, too.  (Favorites would have to be Werner Fassbinder and close second Pedro Almodovar).  Secondly, the Landmark is my second home.  And I remember making a mental note last fall as I was walking out of the theater with my bf to go back and see that movie and TOTALLY forgot about it.  So, I haven't seen it yet and now both he and I are looking to rent it.  We both know some of the people in it (clicked on the VV write up).

Remember from the link that brought me here I had posted about Michael Alig not being an original club kid like he claimed?  Well, Richie Rich, who is in this movie, IS an original club kid.  Not only that, we both attended Hunter College (along with Julie Jewels...his fag hag) while trying desperately to keep clubbing at night.  Ahhh...nights of drug fueled hysteria and days that you wished you were dead or that somebody would just hurry up and bury you.

Ms. Rich has gone on to bigger and better things these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version