Global Gay Nation > Gay Identity - Queer as Volk?

PROJECT: Compilation of Gay literary works

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rain:
Van...I have just received an email from Emanuel Xavier re: the project.  He's enthusiastically supporting it and would like me to forward his contact info.  Now...how do I go about doing that without posting it here?

Emanuel Xavier's personal site

Emanuel on Wikipedia

Suspect Thoughts Press

Rain:
I'm not too sure about the security of putting up our private email addresses under our profile info here.  I would like to be accessible via email to everyone in the group, but right now the group is rather small here on GRD.  There's no telling what could happen over time.  And I'm not all that certain that this site is spam-proof.  

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rain:
I'm making my first nomination for inclusion under 20th century, United States, gay, male, novel...an excerpt from James Baldwin's "Giovanni's Room".  Obviously, the entire book is not what I'm suggesting, but an excerpt.  You knew it was coming.  So, WHOOP, here it is.

List B: Copyrighted Texts

GIOVANNI'S ROOM
By James Baldwin.
248 pages
New York: Quality Paperback Book Club, 1984
from the 1956 original
ISBN # 0-965-041974

--OR--

Giovanni's Room
James Baldwin  
ISBN13: 9780141186351
ISBN10: 0141186356  

RRP: £7.99  
Availability: In stock, usually despatched within 24 hours.  
Publication Date: 04/10/2001  
Format: Paperback  
Publisher: PENGUIN GROUP  

It can be found here (Europe)

And here (United States)

Rain:
Oh and while I'm at it...here's something Emanuel emailed me today.  

Legendary by E. Xavier remixed by DJ Michael Hades to Love is the Message

It's his poem "Legendary" remixed to "Love is the Message".  Emanuel, like myself, is a graduate of the Christopher Street piers and the voguing/gay ballroom culture that dominated it back in our day.  This poem is dedicated in many ways not only to the resistence and persistence of the gay lifestyle in general, but to the strength of all those homeless kids that risked life and sanity to strut on a catwalk and declare their gayness their way.  

The beat is an old disco anthem by MFSB, "Love is the Message".  This song is now considered both the disco and the gay ballroom national anthems.  No ball begins without the strains of "Love is the Message" pumping up the crowd to the coming spectacles.

Enjoy.  This queen's words always bring tears to my eyes.  Never mind that the song brings me to tears as it is when I remember all those friends now gone.  

The term "legendary" is a ballroom honorific given to someone who "slays" their category at the balls.

vanrozenheim:

--- Quote from: "Rain" ---Van, you mentioned something about rules for the Literary Project...I think everyone needs to weigh in on this.  And I've made my first tentative submission (James Baldwin...Giovanni's Room, excerpt to follow).  Also please check that thread for further information already received from a supporting writer.
--- End quote ---

Gooood. Go ahead and don't get irritated if it takes me sometimes a couple of days longer to update the list - sometimes I'm simply too tired so must postpone things to the next day. I also think that it would be nice if everybody contributes a couple of suggestions. As for the rules.. they are flexible at GRD. If you desire a change of some suggested policy, just say so. :wink:  

--- Quote from: "Rain" ---Van...I have just received an email from Emanuel Xavier re: the project.  He's enthusiastically supporting it and would like me to forward his contact info.  Now...how do I go about doing that without posting it here?
--- End quote ---

That's GREATE. He can contact me via viktor.zimmermann@gayhomeland.org

Generally, I would suggest that you and Berto simply send me contact e-mails and I will interconnect you then via e-mail. Don't forget to include something meaningfull in the headline (like "Gay Literary Project").

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version