Global Gay Nation > Gay Identity - Queer as Volk?

Summer Camp for Gay Teens

<< < (2/2)

vanrozenheim:

--- Quote from: "Feral" ---
--- Quote ---"It's hard to find this in our community, this kind of support," 20-year-old Scott Childs said.
--- End quote ---

It is unclear from its context in the story just what Mr Childs means by "this kind of support."
--- End quote ---

I strongly suspect that he actually means "any kind of support" -- both from the straight society and the Gay community. Excessive support on the one side can compensate for the lack of such on the other, but if there is no support from anybody, it's really a hard time.

Feral:
I think you may be right, though without asking, there is no telling just what is on the young man's mind exactly. In any event, the Rainbow Resource Centre, who claims to provide "support and resources to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and two-spirited communities of Manitoba and North Western Ontario" can stop patting themselves on the back at once (though really, Camp Aurora was, by all accounts, a brilliant success) and redouble their efforts elsewhere.

Mean of me, I know... but I didn't write RRC's mission statement -- they did. It seems to me self-evident that they need to apply their efforts differently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version