Global Gay Nation > Gay Identity - Queer as Volk?

Gay Press

<< < (4/6) > >>

berto:
Maybe we could get Rain to post naughty pictures of himself. ;)  :P

vanrozenheim:
Yeah... Pleeeaaaseeeee! =)) But I know there is also an awesome pic of KT as a samurai - Yummy! :)

Feral:

--- Quote from: "vanrozenheim" ---The 30-year-plus ones are probably somewhat cheaper, you must understand this is a new magazine. =)) As for example, the GRD can't afford even this luxury.  :(
--- End quote ---

HA! We can easily afford an assortment of 30- and 40-somethings! It's not like I don't have a camera. ;) I just seriously question the advisability of "ornamenting" our pages with the 40-somethings I have at my disposal. I think such images might have a negative effect.

Feral:
The Seattle Times has an article as well.

--- Quote ---Lehman was at brunch one day when he saw two heterosexual couples pass by a rack holding his magazine. One of the men picked up a copy and became engrossed in its pages, ignoring his companions.

"It's nice to know we weren't doing anything to close ourselves off to anyone who didn't directly relate to our community," Lehman said.

But then he wondered: "Maybe we're not gay enough!"
--- End quote ---

This is possible... I renew my objections about the exclusion of the 20-somethings in their undies (or less).

Then again, the 'zine features articles on "gay power couples and how couples deal with jealousy in their relationships. Arts reviews and columns on investments, pets, travel, health and fitness. Profiles of local businesses and leaders in the gay community."

The health and fitness articles alone are more than adequate  for basic maintenance of a straight (male) audience. Really -- those gym bunnies know more than a thing or two about fitness. Here again, I should point out that 20-somethings in gym shorts and a film of baby oil are rather standard illustrations for such articles.

vanrozenheim:
=)) OK, OK -- it is for a reason why GRD doesn't decorate its sites with nude staff pictures -- we have a reputation to loose (or was it "too loose"? Curse English grammar!).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version